Monday, January 11, 2010

Life

Holy moly it's been a few weeks since my last post. I apologize to those of you who have been waiting on an update, but alas, it's here.
Right after Christmas we loaded up the car and hopped on the road down to Vegas to spend some time with Toby's family. It was a short trip but fun filled family time none-the-less. We had a solid 3 days of relaxation and good bonding time between Ava and that side of her family (who don't get to see her nearly enough).
As soon as we got home from Vegas we ended up moving unexpectedly. We had inquired about a 2 bedroom apartment in our complex and 6 hours later we had the keys and a move in date of the first. Woah! The move was successful thanks to great friends and dependable family members who are always willing to help no matter how last minute it may be. We are SO blessed!

Ava has been learning a lot and it seems that this move has sparked something in her that has made her mommy and daddy's little helper over night. It's amazing to me how all the sudded she is "all grown up" and wanting to do everything we do. She helped my mom and I load up boxes and unload the refridgerator. She watched Toby put the child locks on the cupboards and then took the screwdriver out of his hand and did it her self. She washes her hair with me in the bath now too. After I put the shampoo in her hair, she takes the bottle, puts it on her head and then starts rubbing her hair with her hands along with me. She loves to help me mop the floors and vaccuum too! She's such my little helper, and although I get frustrated at times because things take twice as long, I always try to remember that she's learning from my example and I'm totally blessed that this little girl will grow up to be the kind of woman she has learned to be from me. So I always need to be on my best behavior!!
She was so proud of herself after she helped out Toby secure these locks!


She has also learned that she wants to be as grown up as possible when it comes to food. She doesn't want her food cut anymore, she wants to eat it the way Toby and I do. She loves to dip her food (cucumbers and vegetables mostly) in ranch dressing before she eats it. She has recently really started to enjoy using silverware. She's getting the hang of how it works and she's actually been successful with getting food from the plate to her mouth without it falling off the spoon/fork! We are so proud of all she is becoming and are really enjoying watching this new stage of her life!

She's at such a fun age and I'm always looking for what she's going to do next to amaze me. I hope this post finds all of your well and we're praying for great blessings for all of you in 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment