Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thank goodness for nap time

Thank goodness for nap time or this thing would never get updated. :) As it is, I don't update nearly as much as I would like, but that's life with a toddler! We have lots going on in the Csiszer home this week. It's been fun!






We got a new dinning room table and we just LOVE it! It's a dark solid wood table (with a leaf too for game nights! YES!) with 8 counter height chairs. I just love looking at it. You can see the knots in the wood and everything. We have never really been a "eat at the table every night" sort of family but now we eat every meal there. Whether it's as a family or just Ava and myself...we are at the table! At times I find myself trying to find a reason to sit there and at times I just sit for the fun of it! I'm a goof like that, but I couldn't be happier with this item in our home! (These pictures are of the table with the leaf out and only 4 chairs. It becomes a beautiful full square table when the leaf is in with two chairs on each side!)



Another exciting thing that has been going on is Ava's talking! She has been saying new words left and right and in the process leaving Toby and I in awe everytime she spouts off another word. It's getting to the point where when people ask me what she says now it's hard to remember all of them. Her newest word is "ball" and better yet "basset-ball". She's roaring with characters on cartoons and speaking chinese! (She says Ni hao when she watches Ni Hao, Kai-Lan). We also found out that she responds to "adios" and waves when we say "hola"! My bi-lingual (tri-lingual?) daughter! She also has started letting me know when she's ready for bed by waving at me while walking to her room. She has also started "singing" along to some of her favorite shows. It's really cute. She doesn't actually say the words but she does more of a hum along and at times even says "lalalala"! She loves playing with my cell phone and enjoys texting now. So if you recieve a text (or a call) and it looks like Russian, it's Ava. She is at this age where everyday holds new and exciting developments and I wake up anxious to see what new thing she does next.




She also has been into finding ways to get what she wants. She'll grab my head and pull my face to her belly when she wants me to give her raspberries. She pulls my hand to her mouth and makes noises to hear how her voice changes. She always makes me laugh.







It's been raining up a storm down here. We've had flash floods, mud slides, thunder, lightening, crazy strong winds and even tornado watches! It's winter in Southern California and I'm loving every second of it. Well, with the exception of the tornado warnings. Those tend to freak me out. I wish that this post finds you all healthy and happy and if you happen to be down in Southern California right now, I hope it finds you safe and dry!











No comments:

Post a Comment