I need a time machine for all the days that passed that I didn't post. So much has been happening so I'm going to try to remember as much of it as possible. Here goes...
I'll start with the joy of our lives: Ava. She has grown up so much in the last month it's crazy! I can't believe she's 18 months old already. Where does the time go? I always remember being little and my mom would tell me to stop growing up so fast. All I could think was, "yeah, right. It's not fast enough!" Now, here I am, with a daughter of my own, and all I can think is "Ava, stop growing up so fast!" It's crazy the perspective you gain by being on the other side!
Ava LOVES other kids. This is aparent every time she's around other children, whether she knows them or not. She has a few friends she loves being around (even though we don't get together nearly enough these days) and talking to. It's so fun to watch her interact with people her own size and age. Her little eyes light up and you can tell she just loves where she's at at that moment. We should really try to get together more often, ladies!!
A new thing for her lately is the potty. She is progressing so much each day with wanting to sit on her Dora potty seat. She is even starting to let me know when she has to go (or when she's already going) by grabbing her crotch and running into the bathroom to the toilet. We haven't quite conqured letting me know before she goes, but it's a great start!
Her words have been mulitplying and her communication skills have gotten amazing as well. Although she can't always tell me what she wants by using her words (because she hasn't learned them yet, but we're working on it) she has found different ways to let me know. Toby and I are consistantly amazed at the things she comes up with. She is definately a clever little booger.
I'm happy to announce that she has almost completely conquered her shyness!!! It will still take her a minute if she's in a new place or sees a new face, but it only takes her a minute or two to overcome her surroundings and let loose! It's so fun to see the confidance come and the shyness go when she becomes comfortable in her surroundings and she is her bright shinny self!
My poor baby has been quite miserable lately. She is cutting her eye teeth and it has been giving her a very hard time. She's had a fever off and on, the runny nose, the drool, the pain...she's not sleeping very well because she can't breath with her nose all icky and the pain of these teeth cutting thru the gum. I just hope they hurry up and get here already!
...I think that about covers it for Ava.
Now on the Toby and I. Toby has been working a ton lately. He has a job that doesn't pay the greatest but it has ample over time opportunites which has proven to be a huge blessing. Along with that OT comes very long 14 hour days and most weekends are spent with him at work. He doesn't have a lot of time at home and Ava notices that. She's adjusting (as are we) and things are starting go to a little smoother. He does get to see her for about an hour before she goes to bed so the two of them take advantage of that time and I take advantage of the rest! Toby's had a few disapointments with some job offers lately. Ones we figured were in the bag because he was pursued for them but ended up in the end just not working out. We were thankful for a job at all, but all the time spent away from home was very hard on all of us. (Have you picked up on the change of tense, yet?) We really were praying hard for God's will to be reveiled to us. We were starting to question if we were even supposed to be where we are. We started looking at other options out of state and going over all our options. Then, God made it clear! Toby got a job offer last week that would allow him to work 8 hour days and pay us what we need to stay here! God is so faithful! We are just waiting on a few little details to be smoothed out (which should be all final by tomorrow) and he starts April 1!! Praise the Lord! This is a HUGE promotion for him (one that people in his position currently don't normally get) and it's clear to us that this was definately a God thing. We are really excited to see where this job takes us and the things God has in store for us in the next few years!
I must apologize for the lack of pictures lately. I lost our camera charger (don't know how, but I did!) and so I've been trying to find a replacement. Unfortunately for us, they have discontinued our camera model and there are no chargers available. So, now we have to go out and buy a new camera. So, in the mean time, I will do my very best to update regularly but there will not be any pictures until I can find time to replace my camera. It will be soon, I promise!
We hope this post finds you all well and happy. We pray God's blessings on you daily and can't wait to see all of you soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment